Be Here Meow: The Sayings of Sri Rama Romeo
I’ve been sitting at the paws of our cat Romeo for some months now, and have made him my teacher. I believe he is the embodiment of true purrfection in our lifetime.
Every night I sit and observe him as he patiently bestows his lessons, and it seems he has chosen me to be his faithful scribe. Master Romeo is here to rescue us all from our human ignorance! Since it would be a disservice to embellish or dilute his wisdom, here it is: the Sayings of Sri Rama Romeo:
· Eat! Play! Love!
· Sleep anywhere!
· Allow others to hold you, pay attention to you and pet you. Be cute and purr. It works every time!
· When you’ve had enough, walk away.
· Oh my God what’s that?!
· And that?!
· Sniff everything. Be alert at all times.
· Get into everything.
· Sleep on your back.
· Regularly practice being fierce: Stare; glower; and pounce. (You never know when you might really need it).
· Attack all bare feet and chew on them to strengthen teeth!
· Seek pleasure in small things – the smaller the better. Meditate on the true nature and purpose of all physical objects by endlessly playing hockey with them across the floor for the hell of it! Finding ecstasy in a wrapped up piece of nothing that you can hit is the attainment of true enlightenment.
· Stick your paws into people’s drinks…and food…and face. See them make funny faces when you do!
· Meditate with your eyes closed…all day. Make it look like sleep. (Ok, it’s sleep. So what?)
· Jump and pounce on people’s legs! This is fun and always get a big “thank you!” which in English sounds something like “No!”
· Play like a madkitten. Then curl up and sleep!
* If all else fails, worship and bow down to me. Let me show you how…